Rotorua Museum Art Awards
Rotorua Museum Art Awards 2017
Rotorua Museum are happy to announce the return of the bi-annual Art Awards for 2017. The Rotorua Museum Art Awards are proudly sponsored by Rotorua Energy Charitable Trust, Friends of Rotorua Museum, More FM and Toi Ohomai.
2017 Award Categories
- Rotorua Museum Supreme Award $10,000
- Friends of Rotorua Museum Emerging Artist Award $1,000
- Toi Ohomai Innovation in Art Award $1,000
- More FM People’s Choice Award 2x $500 (Gallery and Facebook votes)
Key Dates and Information
- 11 August 2017 – Entries close 5pm
- 8 September 2017- Awards night and opening of finalists exhibition. Entrants must be at the awards night at Sir Howard Morrison Performing Arts Centre to be eligible for the prizes
- 9 September to 6 October 2017 – Exhibition of approximately 30 finalists on display at Sir Howard Morrison Performing Arts Centre
- 14 September to 8 October 2017 – Salon de Refusé exhibition of remaining Art Awards entries to be held at Rotorua District Library
Entry Size and Presentation
Entries are limited to a maximum of two works per artist at $40 per entry.
Friends of Rotorua Museum members receive 25% discount on the entry fee.
- The longest side of the wall-based works (including frame) must not exceed 1,000mm (1m)
- 3-dimensional/freestanding and installation works must not exceed a maximum of 1,000mm (1m) in any dimension
- Weight of works must not exceed 30kg
- Works can be created in any media except moving image
- All works must have secure surfaces and be ready for hanging/display
- Rotorua Museum reserves the right to refuse any artworks that do not meet the criteria
Entering and Eligibility
As an entrant you must guarantee that:
- The work is a one-off original and not part of an edition
- The work does not infringe upon NZ copyright laws
- The work is the sole work of the artist entering (unless it is listed as a collaboration)
- All works have been created within the 24 months prior to and including the date of entry
- Works entered have not have been exhibited prior to this exhibition and cannot have been entered in any previous Rotorua Museum Art Awards
- You reside in the Bay of Plenty (see map on entry form) at the time of entry
- All works entered can be photographed and used for promotional purposes, including online
- You are not an employee of Rotorua Lakes Council and are not on the executive committee of Friends of Rotorua Museum
The 2017 Rotorua Museum Art Awards Entry Form will be available in early June 2017. A full list of Rotorua Museum Art Awards Terms and Conditions will be included in the entry form.