Since 1998 Rotorua Museum has held a contract with the Ministry of Education to offer ‘Learning Experiences Outside The Classroom’ (LEOTC), to students of all ages. Our popular service offers many interactive, curriculum-linked programmes based upon the museum’s permanent and changing exhibitions and the surrounding environment.
The programmes cover science, social studies, art, history, geography, and tourism. These education programmes can be tailored to suit your student’s specific learning outcomes.
Why bring your class to Rotorua Museum?
- Individual tailored lessons to suit your students specific learning outcomes
- Lessons for Primary, Intermediate and Secondary students
- A comprehensive programme delivered by competent and experienced educators
- Fun, interactive, hands on experiences for your students
- A unique learning environment equipped with modern learning resources, equipment (IT) and materials
- Quality pre and post visit resources available to teachers
- Free programmes for all Rotorua schools
Rotorua Museum Education Service is available to all schools throughout the school year.
Combine Rotorua Museum with other leading Rotorua education providers for a complete education experience.
TO VIEW OUR EDUCATION PACKAGES CLICK HERE
The museum has a variety of pre and post visit resources to make planning your lessons easier.
TO VIEW OUR EDUCATION RESOURCES CLICK HERE
In addition to our permanent programmes. The museum also has education programmes relating to our changing exhibitions.
TO VIEW OUR CHANGING PROGRAMMES CLICK HERE
The one-stop shop that saves you time and money when organising your education trips to Rotorua.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION