DISCOVER - Small Objects - Big Stories Learn about a family treasureUntil: Friday, 3 July 2020
Venue: Fun at Home!
Ask a parent or adult in your ‘bubble’ about a family treasure or taonga that may be in your home.
A family treasure or taonga doesn’t have to be something expensive or rare. It is any object that holds meaning for your family. The object can tell a story of important family events, or remind us of people who came before us.
Sit somewhere comfortable with your adult to discuss the following:
- What is your object?
- Where does your object come from?
- What do you think it is made from?
- What was your object used for?
- What would you ask the person in your family who originally owned it?
- Why is it special to your family?
- What do you wonder about it?
- What do you think is going to happen to it in the future?
You may have a grandparent that isn’t in your ‘bubble’ that you could contact via video conference to ask about a special taonga or treasure they have in their possession.
Show us what your object is and why it’s special to your whānau/family using the Share your Learning button below: