Rotorua Museum Art Awards
Rotorua Museum Art Awards 2019
Rotorua Museum is happy to announce the return of the biennial Art Awards for 2019.
2019 Award Categories
- Rotorua Museum Supreme Award $10,000
- Friends of Rotorua Museum Emerging Artist Award $1,000
- Toi-Ohomai Institute of Technology Innovation in Art Award $1,000
- Lockwood Youth Award $1000 (open to artists 18 years and under)
- More FM People’s Choice Award 2x $500 (in gallery and on Facebook)
- 30 September, 5pm: Deadline for entries
- 6 October: Artist statements due
- 6 & 7 October: Artwork deliveries
- 22 October, 6pm: Opening and awards ceremony at Energy Events Centre, Rotorua
- 23 October – 10 November: Finalist exhibition open to the public at Energy Events Centre
- 2 – 17 November: salon des Refusés open to the public at Pop Up Shop (1201 Eruera Street)
- Friday, 5 July 2019:
Judge announced for 2019 Rotorua Museum Art Awards
- Saturday, 9 March 2019:
Rotorua Museum Art Awards back again this year
Terms & Conditions
Please ensure you carefully read all the requirements around eligibility, artwork size and presentation requirements as set out in the Conditions of Entry
Artists: Open to artists that live, work or study in Bay of Plenty, or those students who study away from their Bay of Plenty base. Employees of Rotorua Lakes Council and Friends of Rotorua Museum executive committee are not eligible to enter.
Artwork: Open to any craft or medium, including digital/moving image. the original works that have been created in the last 24 months cannot have been previously exhibited (in gallery or online).
Size: The longest side of wall based works, including frame, must not exceed 1 metre or 40 inches.
3-dimensional/freestanding and installation works must not exceed a maximum of 1 metre in any dimension. Max weights: freestanding works – 30kg, hanging works – 20kg. Digital/moving images max length 5 minutes.
Sale: All works must be for sale, and include a commission of 30%.